Want to set more goals? Here are seven tips to help!
- Put them in writing. As the saying goes, “A goal not written is only a wish.” Seeing your goal clearly written down increases your chances of achieving it.
- Refer to them often. Print out several copies and place them where you can clearly see them, such as your planner or your bathroom mirror.
- Break it down. Divide each goal into the steps you need to take to achieve it. Make sure they are clear and specific.
- Get a goal buddy. He or she could be a friend with the same goal or a parent who can motivate you to achieve it.
- Imagine the results. Utilize the power of visualization—- clearly picture in your mind what you’ll look like or how you’ll feel after you’ve achieved your goal.
- Keep a journal. Tracking your progress shows you how far you’ve come and how much farther you have to go.
- Be patient. Achieving a goal takes time. Don’t be discouraged when you make a mistake or fail to do something on your to do list. Simply take a deep breath and start over. Never give up.